Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Decorating: Our House Gets Festive!

I can't believe I haven't written a post since Thanksgiving! The crazy pace of the holidays has definitely set in. I've been busy getting ready for Christmas - shopping, baking, wrapping, volunteering at the school, planning family togetherness...the list goes on and on. But one of the things I enjoy the most about the holidays is decorating our home. I love the opportunity to make everything just a little more sparkly and warm.

Here's our budget chandelier all spiffied up for Christmas. I think it looks lovely! The black paint and gold accents are the perfect background for Christmas decorations.

Cat in Christmas Tree
Before we could even finish decorating the tree, one of our cats decided it was the perfect place for a nap. She has spent most of her time hanging out in there since we put up the tree.

Christmas Tree with Red and Gold Bows and Train   
Here is the Christmas tree so twinkly with all of the lights. I love putting lots of bows on our tree because it makes our 8-year-old artificial tree look less worn and much more festive! This is the first year in awhile that I've used red. The last several years, I've only used silver and gold in our Christmas decor. I'm liking the red!

Christmas Garland on Stairs
This year we used real greenery for our garlands. I have some artificial greenery behind it just to fill it out a little more, but there's just no substitute for the real stuff.

Christmas Fireplace Mantel
I like the way the red of the poinsettias and my blue and white porcelain collection blend beautifully together on our fireplace mantel. Since this picture was taken a few days ago, our mantel is a little more cluttered with our mismatched stockings. My daughter insists that even our pets get stockings so we have seven stockings crammed in that space!

No comments:

Post a Comment